Would you like to know God’s will for your life? How to discern will of God for daily situations, or discover his plans for very important decisions of our life, such as marriage and career? Here are some of the simple bible based steps to find God’s will. It provides practical steps or preparation in discovering God’s will for your life.
- We must accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and be genuinely willing to do his will. (Romans 12:1-2, Mat 6:33) There is no other alternative!
- We should be humble and willing to learn. (Psalm 25:9)
- We must spend time in his words daily. This is the most simple and powerful, yet most forgotten or ignored fact. Study the bible, not just read it.
- We should listen to God in prayer. (Prov 8:34) There is a old poem, which I always remember.
- “Devil trembles when he sees, God’s weakest child upon his knees!”
- We should completely trust God and his plans for our life. (Prov 3:5-6)
- Someone has rightly said, “How can you make God laugh?”, “Tell him your plans!”
- We should have clean and pure heart. (Psalm 66:18, 1 John 1:9)
- We should be expectant. God wants to speak to us, so listen for him. Pay attention!
- We should fear the Lord, this means hating evil and living God’s way. (Prov 8:13, Prov 9:10), it is harder to do what we hate.
- We should praise and worship our Lord, in whatever ways, you may feel comfortable.
- Fasting can immensely help. It helps us to focus our thoughts and mind towards God. (Mat 6: 16-18)
- We should act in faith. Our life should be testimony of God’s faithfulness. God is our Assurance not insurance!
If you are blessed with this Bible study, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook or your preferred social media network. Thank you!