Manuscript bible study method is one of the most effective way of studying bible. You can really dig deeper into the word of God and find many treasures. In the next few paragraphs, I will show you how to use this method.
- Luke 9:10-17
- John 6:5-15
- Matthew 14:13-21
- Mark 6:32-44
Background of the Miracle:
- “Feeding the five thousand” is the only miracle recorded by all four gospels.
- Disciples came from their mission, they were tired and hungry, did not have time to eat. They needed rest.
- Jesus had just heard about the death of John the Baptist (Mat 14:13).
- Jesus wanted him and his disciples to withdraw from the crowd so that they could have some rest.
- They headed to Bethsaida (Luke 9:10), by boat to discourage crowd from following them. (also check out Jesus healed disable man at Pool of Bethesda) [Read more…]
The Greek word for the Disciple is ‘mathetes‘ meaning a ‘learner’ or ‘follower’. The word means accepting and following the views and practices of a teacher. Apart from having a large following of people, Jesus chose twelve disciples during his earthly ministry. The list is mentioned in Matthew 10:2-4, Mark 3:16-19, Luke 6:13-16 and Acts 1:13. The original twelve disciples are also called the ‘apostles’ (Greek – ‘apostolos‘ meaning ‘one who is sent out with a special commission as a fully authorized representative of the sender, like an ambassador). This bible study lesson lists the names and meaning of these disciples and their occupations. (Also check out conditions of Christian discipleship) [Read more…]
Trinity: Definition and Meaning
- Trinity is a theological term to define and describe three-fold doctrine of God; God the father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- Bible does not contain a word for ‘Trinity’, but the concept of Triune God flows throughout the bible from the Old testament to the New Testament.
- Trinity is a mystery, beyond human comprehension or understanding. It is reflected through scriptural revelation only. It is not an idea from philosophical reasoning.
- Biblical definition of Trinity is that
- God is One in three distinct persons.
- Each of the person is God (not a part of God). [Read more…]