What does the bible say about Hell? What is the definition of the Hell in the Bible?
- Hell is the place of eternal punishment after death for all those who refuse to repent.
- Matthew 25:46 – “They will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to the eternal life.”
- There are three words used for Hell in the Bible. Here are their descriptions with reference bible verses.
- Sheol: The meaning of Sheol is ‘the grave’ or ‘place of the dead’. The word is only used in Old testaments.
- Job 24:19 – “Drought and heat consume the snow waters, so does Sheol those who have sinned.”
- Psalms 16:10 – “For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.”
- Isaiah 36:10 – “I said, “ In the middle of my life, I am to enter the gates of Sheol; I am to be deprived of the rest of my years.”
- Other Bible references on Sheol: Psalms 9:17, Isaiah 14:9 [Read more…]