Bible Study Lesson: Psalms 13:1-6:
What is David’s state of mind at the beginning of this Psalm (V. 1-2)?
- He feels like being forgotten by God, forgotten forever!
- He is agonized at the silence of God towards his prayers.
- His relationship with God seems broken for a considerable time.
- He questions God’s providence and protection.
- He thinks that God has turned his face from him.
- He is in a state of being forsaken.
- ‘How long’ is used 4 times in first two verses, that goes to show his inner struggle and questioning with God. He knows the goodness and faithfulness of God, yet he is devastated by God’s silence in time of need.
- His heart is filled with sorrow everyday, there is a constant anguish, grief and pain in his heart.
- He constantly wrestles with his thoughts. There is a warfare in his mind and heart.
- His enemies are triumphant over him. He feels crushed by his enemies. [Read more…]