- Salt was used for seasoning and preserving food.
- Salt was found in a great abundance on the shore of the dead sea.
- Salt was also used with many different kind of offerings and sacrifices.
Lev 2:13 – Season all your grain offerings with salt. Do not leave the salt of the covenant of your God out of your grain offerings; add salt to all your offerings.
- Every sacrifice was offered with salt as a symbol of preservation. Salt in this context symbolizes eternal preservation.
Numbers 18:19 – …It is an everlasting covenant of salt before the Lord for both you and your offspring. read more
Search Bible Studies
Most Emailed Bible Study Lessons
- How to Overcome Temptation - 43 emails
- Joseph: Bible Character Study - 42 emails
- Jesus’ Disciples Names: List, Meaning and Occupation - 36 emails
- Beatitudes: Blessed are Poor in Spirit – 8 Part Series - 30 emails
- Martha or Mary – Who Are You? - 25 emails
- How to Do Quiet Time – Time Alone with God - 20 emails
- Christian Discipleship: Definition | Cost of Discipleship - 20 emails
- Beatitudes Bible Studies
- Bible Devotionals
- Bible Study Methods
- Character Studies
- Christian Discipleship Studies
- Christian Life Studies
- Doctrinal Study Guide
- Featured Bible Studies
- Gospel of John Studies
- Gospel of Luke Studies
- Gospel of Mark Studies
- Gospel of Matthew Studies
- Gospels Studies
- Inductive Studies
- Jesus' Miracles Studies
- New Testament Studies
- Old Testament Studies
- Small Group Studies
- Updates – Free Studies in Email